Friday 7 June 2013

Just beautiful!

Just take a look at my new delights! I have discovered roving, its truly amazing and so so soft. Lately I've been reading allot about spinning my own yarn and thought its about time I gave it ago. I found a gorgeous drop spindle on Etsy and its finally here:



You know sometimes in life you get that 'feeling' that an item just belongs to you? Well I got this very feeling so strongly with this spindle. I wandered through many YouTube videos on how to spin and just couldn't wait to start! Of course I had to also have some roving to spin, so I spent many an hour looking on Etsy, eBay and Folksy, searching for something that made me smile and wasn't too expensive, as I couldn't bear to spend allot on something I might hate! Anyway I stumbled on these:


 
California


Jewels

 

Zombie magic



Breeze


Beautiful, don't you think? I have fallen in love. I am so very excited over this new road in my crafting life, I cant wait to start and will keep you posted on the results, I promise. Have you ever spun yarn? If so have you got any tips for a newbie like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment