Wednesday 29 May 2013

Loving siblings and the Tiffany Owl!

Yet another day of rain, although at least today the chicks did make it outside to charge around between showers. Today was a visit to Nanny and Grandad's house. Something which even Lilly enjoys. She, however didn't care one bit about the rain, and spend much of the day seeing off the showers and barking at any drops that happen to land on her! She looks rather silly when she's wet, I'll have to take a photo for you, but as you can imagine, her fluffiness gets soaked and bedraggled, and you can see just how tiny her leg bones are under all that fluff.
I must show you my Mums clematis, it has grown to magnificent heights. Bear in mind that this plant started out as a tiny stalk.


If you look right to the top left of the Pic, just where the tree is fading into the sky, you can see the very top of the clematis. Funny how it grows up the front from the right the sweeps round behind and ends on the top left. You do have to look very carefully to see it, much better in real life to see!

My eldest chick, my little artist, fashion designer, book worm and geologist came running in to me so excited and showed me a lovely bunch of wild flowers and weeds, given to her by my middle chick, my boy, my hero, my mathematician, puzzle solver and wannabe architect. He had sweetly picked his big sister a beautiful posy, which right now is sitting in a jam jar next to the luscious lilacs on the window sill.


Isn't is wonderful when siblings get along. Ahh the calm and peace. Anyway moving swiftly on to my yarn art, the Elsa cardigan is going well, I feel a ta' da moment coming on soon. I've been working on something for some time. A little beloved asked me to crochet her an owl, and although I really want to do it I am lacking any sort of umphff for this project, I just couldn't get my heart into it. I think I've started and unpicked it at least three times now. Today was the day though, I felt I could leave it no longer, after all a month to a little one seems like a year and this poor little beloved has been waiting so long. Thing is I wanted it to be different, unique, a one off. Well finally today I picked up a different coloured yarn and started amigurumi'ing!


Meet the Tiffany Owl, well the beginning anyway, its growing by the second, and I feel a splash of baby pink coming into the design in the form of a crochet flower somewhere, just to pretty her up and make her more 'girlie'. I've started making her in a 'special' stylecraft yarn, so she should be hard wearing and up to all a child will put her through also still able to be washed many, many, many times. I just want to get her finished now, so that I can see the smile on my little friends face. So watch this space!

Ahh and after a long days schooling, playing, chasing balls and picking flowers, stealing shoes and digging up Nanny's garden, here they are, partners in crime.......Lillipup and my youngest chick, Curly locks, crashed out together in dream land.


No comments:

Post a Comment